The Flute Society of Washington, Inc.
2022 Flute Society of Washington Competitions
Mid-Atlantic Flute Convention
February 19-20, 2022
General Competition Information and Rules, applies to all competitions.
- All applicants must be current FSW members at the time the entry is submitted.
- If chosen, as a finalist or convention performer, applicants must be current FSW members at the time of the convention and register for the convention by January 20, 2022. Join or renew FSW membership.
- The Young Artist Competition and Adult Amateur Performer Competition are open to full and life members. The Collegiate Soloist, Honors and High School Choir competitions are open to student members. The Guest Artist Master Class Performer Competition is open to life, full and student members.
- All competitions EXCEPT the Young Artist Competition are limited to performers who live or attend school in the Mid-Atlantic States (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, West Virginia, Washington, DC, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania).
- All applicants must complete an online application which includes an audio file. The application including audio file must be submitted by October 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm EDT. No late entries accepted. Online applications accepted beginning August 15, 2021, 9:00 am EDT.
- If entering more than one competition, a separate application and recording is required for each competition.
- Audio recordings MUST be an mp3, mp4a, m4a or wav file format. No video recordings accepted.
- The link to upload an audio file(s) is found on the registration confirmation email sent after the application has been submitted and fees paid. Multiple files can be uploaded.
- Recordings should demonstrate the highest possible audio quality so the performance can be evaluated successfully. No speaking on the recording. Only a continuous performance of a movement or work is allowed. By uploading an audition file, the applicant agrees the recording is continuous and unaltered.
- Results will be available online on the FSW website on or before December 20, 2021.
- Flutists may enter more than one competition but can only perform in one event or competition.
- A preliminary or final round performance in excess of the maximum performance time allotted in any round WILL disqualify the flutist.
- Incomplete applications will be subject to disqualification.
- Application fees and membership dues are not refundable. Read and review all rules and requirements carefully.
- The decision of the judges is final.