General Competition Information and Rules, applies to all competitions.
- All applicants must be current FSW members at the time the entry is submitted.
- If chosen, as a finalist or convention performer, applicants must be current FSW members at the time of the convention and register for the convention by January 20, 2022. Join or renew FSW membership.
- The Young Artist Competition is open to full and life members. The Collegiate Soloist, Honors and High School Choir competitions are open to student members.
- All competitions EXCEPT the Young Artist Competition are limited to performers who live or attend school in the Mid-Atlantic States (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, West Virginia, Washington, DC, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania).
- All applicants must complete an online application which includes an audio file. The application including audio file must be submitted by October 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm EDT. No late entries accepted. Online applications accepted beginning August 15, 2021, 9:00 am EDT.
- If entering more than one competition, a separate application and recording is required for each competition.
- Audio recordings MUST be an mp3, mp4a, m4a or wav file format. No video recordings accepted.
- The link to upload an audio file(s) is found on the registration confirmation email sent after the application has been submitted and fees paid. Multiple files can be uploaded.
- Recordings should demonstrate the highest possible audio quality so the performance can be evaluated successfully. No speaking on the recording. Only a continuous performance of a movement or work is allowed. By uploading an audition file, the applicant agrees the recording is continuous and unaltered.
- Results will be available online on the FSW website on or before December 20, 2021.
- Flutists may enter more than one competition but can only perform in one event or competition.
- A preliminary or final round performance in excess of the maximum performance time allotted WILL disqualify the applicant.
- Incomplete applications will be subject to disqualification.
- Application fees and membership dues are not refundable. Read and review all rules and requirements carefully.
- The decision of the judges is final.