Byer Student Membership Scholarship Application
We cherish Sharyn’s smile, her musicianship, grace, beauty, class and devotion. As a tribute to Sharyn’s legacy, a scholarship to cover annual FSW membership dues for a select number of deserving students has been established in Sharyn’s name. Her mentoring of flutists fostered a feeling of connection.
- Up to ten (10) membership scholarships will be awarded each year.
- After submitting an application the process can take up to two weeks.
- The student's flute teacher is required to be a current member of FSW and will be asked to email a short recommendation to the scholarship committee.
- Once the scholarship is awarded, the student is not eligible to apply until a period of three (3) years has elapsed.
Gather and prepare application information
- Let your flute teacher know you want to apply for the scholarship.
- Confirm your teacher is a current member of FSW.
- Have your teacher's email and telephone number.
- Prepare a brief statement of how you wish to participate in the Flute Society of Washington.
Join the Flute Society
- Click to Join the Flute Society
- When payment is requested, select "invoice me"
All applicants will receive an email from the scholarship committee once their application has been reviewed.