Mid-Atlantic Flute Convention
February 17-18, 2024
Mid-Atlantic High School Flute Choir
The Mid-Atlantic High School Flute Choir is open to all high school students in grades 9-12 who attend school or are home-schooled in a Mid-Atlantic state as defined in the 2024 general competition rules*. Members of this choir are selected on the basis of a recorded audition. Selected choir members are required to be in attendance at all scheduled rehearsals over the convention weekend, no exception. Music written for flute/piccolo and keyboard must be recorded with both instruments. Use of piano accompaniment or music accompaniment track is acceptable.
- Online application and fee, $15.
- Submit a recording containing:
- a chromatic scale, three octaves, sixteenth notes at metronome marking ♩ = 80; slur up the scale, tongue two/slur two down the scale and the required repertoire.
- C Flute (required by all applicants): Franz Wilhelm Ferling, adapted by Cyrille Rose, No. 10 Allegro moderato from Thirty-two Rose Etudes for Flute, no accompaniment (Carl Fischer) and Ernesto Köhler, ed. H. Voxman, Valse lento in G Major from Selected Studies (Rubank)
- Piccolo (required by all applicants wishing to play piccolo): Ernesto Kõhler, No. 6 At the Fountain from 25 Romantic Etudes for flute, Op. 66 (any edition)
*Applicants are subject to all rules and regulations on this page as well as the 2024 General Competition Information, Rules and Regulations.
Mid-Atlantic High School Flute Choir Application Information
A student membership in the Flute Society is required to enter this competition.
Login to the FSW website and return to this page to access the application.
Not a Flute Society member? Click here to join the Flute Society, then return to this page.
Need to renew your membership? Click here to renew your membership, then return to this page.