Statement of Welcome, Inclusion and Non-Discrimination
The Flute Society of Washington (FSW), in membership and all events and activities, is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, level of education, physical appearance, body size, race, color, age, religion, national origin, economic status, or political affiliation.
As an organization, we commit ourselves:
- To embrace compassion and treat others with mutual respect and dignity.
- To lead with empathy and deeply listen to each other both on and off the stage.
- To value the unique insights and experiences each attendee brings.
- To celebrate all musical skill levels.
To uphold these values, we affirm:
- All organized sessions, both virtual and in-person, are safe and brave spaces for all attendees.
- No one should tolerate harassment or forms of discrimination from any attendee or organizing body in any form.
- FSW reserves the right to remove anyone from our gatherings, both virtual and in-person, or to revoke or deny convention-related rights to anyone who engages in conduct deemed as harassment toward others.
The Flute Society of Washington comprises a diverse array of musicians from different parts of the United States. The various identities, skills, and collective lived experiences in our membership are our greatest assets as an organization. We find strength in our collective wisdom, beliefs, and dedication to music. Through this strength we continue to learn, grow, and thrive together.
The Board of Director appreciates our membership and all participants for their commitment to our community and the instrument that unites us all.